Bmore Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bmore Club Forum

It's All about Bmore Club Music !!!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Emynd "Philly 2 Bmore Digi EP" (Unruly) (Free Download!)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
emynd

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-05-05

Emynd "Philly 2 Bmore Digi EP" (Unruly) (Free Download!) Empty
PostSubject: Emynd "Philly 2 Bmore Digi EP" (Unruly) (Free Download!)   Emynd "Philly 2 Bmore Digi EP" (Unruly) (Free Download!) Icon_miniposted2008-07-15, 5:43 pm

So today my Unruly Digital EP officially drops for purchase and I'm super excited about it. I've gotten a lot of great feedback on it from a lot of really big dudes in the game, and I couldn't possibly be happier to be working with a record label as legendary as Unruly.

The EP itself is 6 separate songs, all of which I'm really happy with and I think a lot of you will find useful. I tried to cover a lot of different ground with the 6 songs to fit as many different situations as possible. But mostly, I just wanted the songs to knock and get some play by anybody that messes with Bmore ish. Here's a free link to my favorite song on the EP at 320. It's worked really well in the club every time I've played it and I've provided a short description of each of the songs below. Feel free to circulate it.

Emynd "TO ALL MY HATERS" (320)

Feedback is appreciated and so is any and all support, whether that means purchasing the EP, a kind PM, or playing the tracks out or on your mixtapes.

So, THANK YOU.

Emynd "Philly 2 Bmore Digi EP" (Unruly) (Free Download!) EMYND_PROMOLARGE
Click Here to Purchase the Entire EP
Click Here to Purchase Individual Tracks or Peep Snippets

Tracklisting:

Emynd “Philly 2 Bmore Digi EP”
Unruly Records - UR2333

1. Emynd - To All My Haters - Dirty
2. Emynd - To All My Haters - Inst
3. Emynd - Philly 2 Bmore
4. Emynd - Oogum Boogum Theme
5. Emynd - Smalltown Chavy Boy
6. Emynd - Smalltown Chavy Boy - Inst
7. Emynd - Back At Your Ass
8. Emynd - Urgent Party Break
9. Emynd - To All My Haters - Clean

1. Emynd “To All My Haters”

A pretty simple and traditional track with a lot of bass and a menacing synth line. I rocked the most memorable line from Shawty Lo’s “Dey Know” (”…to all my Haters!”) and added a silly “F*ck you!” chant but this is by no means a “Dey Know” remix–it’s a whole new song. So far, this ish has worked really well in the club alongside a lot of the more aggressive Bmore that a lot of us already play. People love yelling “F*ck you!” apparently. Obviously, this track is really Mike Mumbles and Say Wut inspired.

3. Emynd “Philly 2 Bmore”

Another track that is influenced greatly by the stuff Mike Mumbles and Say Wut are doing with chopped and pitched vocal samples. The “Philadelphia” and “Baltimore” samples are from “Dancing In the Street” and I just thought it was kind’ve a cool concept to bring this EP together (CONCEPTUAL BMORE, SON!). The middle parts are real traditional and simple with the Lil Jon “What!” sample, the dick beat, and the chopped Nina Simone break, but we all know that simple Bmore ish often knocks the hardest.

4. Emynd “Oogum Boogum Theme”

I love Bmore soul remixes and wanted to make sure this EP had one. My big homies Brendan Bringem and Pandemonium Jones had the OG Brenton Woods song on a soul mix they did and that immediately gave me the idea for this song. I didn’t love this song at first, but my dude Starkey who mixed and mastered it spent a lot of time on it and actually made me like it a lot more by doing a phenomenal job with it. He’s highly recommended if you’re looking for Mixing and/or Mastering work (http://www.starkey-music.com).

5. Emynd “Smalltown Chavy Boy”

I’ve been meaning to make a Bmore remix of Bronski Beat’s “Smalltown Boy” forever but only got around to it recently. I wanted this to be structurally and aesthetically similar to Scottie B’s “London Wild.” This joint has pretty good crossover appeal for the more Hipster audience but still sounds good in a more traditional Bmore set as well.

7. Emynd “Back At Your Ass”

A really simple but effective song. It doesn’t sound like much on your computer speakers or in your bedroom, but everytime I play this joint out, it gets a really good reaction. Again, I think the effectiveness is found in its simplicity. I have a tendency to really over-produce stuff and just keep adding stuff until my ish is muddled and somewhat incomprehensible, but this is simple and it works.

8. Emynd “Urgent Party Break”

I’m not sure how useful this is in a party situation, but I’ve always loved this synth line (I know it from DJ Laz’s “Stick Out Your Butt” but I’m not sure if it originates there or is from an older electro song) and wanted to make a barebones, Bmore-inspired party break out of it. It’s more 4 on the floor with hints of Bmore and Miami Bass drum elements. I’m into it.

-e
Back to top Go down
THEBOUNCECOUNTS

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-07-09

Emynd "Philly 2 Bmore Digi EP" (Unruly) (Free Download!) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emynd "Philly 2 Bmore Digi EP" (Unruly) (Free Download!)   Emynd "Philly 2 Bmore Digi EP" (Unruly) (Free Download!) Icon_miniposted2008-07-17, 5:41 am

peeped it on Unruly's site today. fresh to death!
Back to top Go down

Emynd "Philly 2 Bmore Digi EP" (Unruly) (Free Download!)
Page 1 of 1